from seriouseats; everybody really liked it when Mom made it for Peter’s birthday. The pineapple gives a wonderful extra moistness…
Serious Eats: Recipes
Carrot Sheet Cake
Posted by Carrie Vasios, April 14, 2011
serves 15, active time 35 minutes, total time 1 hour, 20 minutes
* 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 3 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 cups freshly grated carrots
* 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
* 1 cup raisins
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
* 8 ounces cream cheese
* 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
* 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. To Make Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar.
3. Beat butter into flour mixture until well combined and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Stir in crushed pineapple, carrots, and raisins until evenly distributed in batter.
4. Pour batter into greased baking pan (it is a bit of a thick batter). Bake for 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Let cool.
5. To Make Frosting: Put all ingredients for frosting in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake.
No Comments Yet. Be the first?